View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 12:11 AM   #35
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 464 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Our Military - Their Race Cars

In the 60's, when you got out of the service, ya got a new, fast car, as soon as you could make the payments. No one got married when they got out. No reason to....Did not need a draft deferment anymore.....so, spend money on cars and fast women. My purchase was a 69 Roadrunner, 383, air grabber, 4 speed, 391 sure grip. Still have the car and most original pieces. I bought the Roadrunner because everyone else was getting ss396 Chevelles and I wanted to be different and faster.
Like someone said, the draft was a good thing, we should still have it.. We will never see the draft again....too bad.

Jim, if you are referring to my "scars", thank you. I have PTSD and cancer as a result of my military service. No tears for me please.....I've raised a wonderful family......got my kids through braces and college. My oldest grandson just completed his Navy service and is in the Phoenix police academy. I've been a good husband, father, brother and grandfather......our Lord and Savior has surely blessed me. When my country called....I served the best that I could, made E5 with 13 months service and an honorable discharge. I have no regrets.

My friend and Stocker driver, Dwight Machelle from Las Vegas, was a Huey pilot and downed 4 times.

Last edited by SStockDart; 11-25-2017 at 12:36 AM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked