View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #12
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,953 Times in 1,567 Posts
Default Re: nhra w/sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichards View Post
Ok Billy I read some of the rules and I'm confused a bit. If I use a regular cab s10 that puts me in u class but I can add weight to the truck and run w is that how it works. ( if I can find a camaro or firebird I will but I have the truck worst case). Thanks for all the help
Go to classracerinfo.com
It will answer all of your class/weight issues.
i think that the biggest concern that Mark has is the relatively high HP on the 2.2. That combo has been done before and gotten hit with HP. Just as an example of the things to look for when trying to pick a combo, Mark suggested the 82 Camaro with a 2.5 at 120 HP. An 85 Camaro with a 2.5 has much more compression and is rated at 115 HP. Now the compression is nice but that 5 HP in a 24 lb. class is 120 lbs!
If you're bound-and-determined to do an S-10, then look at an 85 S-10 with the 2.5. 14 HP less than the 98 2.2. That's over 330 lbs. more weight that the 2.2 has to carry to run W. But you DO own the 98 and it's probably easier to find parts for.
The main thing that I should impress on you is not to let the ravings of a couple of Mad Men discourage you. The fact that the 2.2 at one time ran fast enough to get hit with HP means something.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote