View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 08:33 AM   #18
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 89 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Nation wide tour

Robbie,
In the Chicagoland area while there are a few standards such as Chicago style Hot Dogs WITHOUT Ketchup, Italian Beef sandwiches, Lou's deep dish pizza, White Sox (there is another ball team but I can't recall their name:-), etc., There are architectural tours downtown with both walking and on the river, various museums of Art, History, Science and Railroad, Milwaukee is less than two hours away, there is Road America to see.

In Ohio don't miss the National Museum of the US Air Force at Wright-Patterson. Great planes, even some with beehive valve springs to keep it racer oriented!, and some rockets too. Stopped in there heading to Michaels' Class Nationals, sent a friend who was stationed on Okinawa for two years during the war a picture of the C-141 and he sent me an image of a fuel card for it. An all day visit for sure! They have a section for Medal Of Honor recipients, only wish we were able to read the stories.

Also keep your eyes open along the way, a few years back I was in Indy for a retirement party and passed a billboard on the way down for a "Dream Car" exhibit at their Art Museum. It was unexpected and fantastic! There was testing at Indy, it rained so we got to go out on the track. Keep in touch as your plans progress. Everyone has great suggestions.

Last edited by Bobby DiDomenico; 05-31-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote