View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #2
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Question about fuel injection from a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdw1403 View Post
What is maximum size fuel injector for a lt1 stocker engine. what pulse rat and duty cycle should i run them at? Having trouble with A/F ratio. Right now it is reading 14- 14.5. Never gets below 14. lots of low gear time reading 15. I have raised fuel pressure from 45 to 60 with no change in a/f ratio.30 lbs injectors now. I have been told that is really lean. New to Fuel injection. Has a fast xfi 2.0. can something be set wrong on the tune and cause the computer not to let it richen itself up. Running in closed loop now but same problem in open loop. Target is set to 12.8. closed loop high rpm is 2500 Low rpm is 2400. I just installed a fuel psi moniter to my data logger but havent got to run it yet. aeromotive a1000 pump. Anybody ever had this problem where you cant get A/F ratio to adjust?
You will get opinions all over the place.

30lb/hr is ok for a 200-300hp engine, that is about it!

You should run at least a 42lb/hr, even a 55 or 60 will do just fine. If you want to play with injector timing you need far larger than "normal", but that's a discussion for another day.

I don't know what fuel you are running, but if it is C11 or C12, then a Target A/F of 12.6 is a good starting point, lean it out from there as you learn.

Make sure you are giving it enough room to do it's thing. IE: The Wideband Limits should be at least 50% until you get a decent fuel curve, then tighten them down to 5%.

Again, all systems are different, but they all do the same thing, just in their own ways. I use Holley for everything, but have used Haltech, Accel, Big Stuff, and FAST in the past. I prefer the Holley software over the rest of them, but they all work just fine.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote