View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #1
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,924 Times in 1,560 Posts
Default It's gonna be a long winter

So,************* I might as well get some blood flowing.
We're at the beginning of what is looking to be a new, conservative era in our Country's history. The Liberal and Conservative battle seems to finally be leaning towards moderation.
Ya know, there's a great, ongoing battle going on in Sportsman Racing, mainly affecting Stock and SS Racing too. IMHO, this battle is taking place between, not Liberals and Conservatives, but Car Guys and Racers. Now, I've always considered myself a bit of both but as I get older, I find myself being more of a Car Guy.
Where I'm going with all of this "baloney" is, is it time to start slowing down and backing up the "Liberalization of Stock and SS?
Over the years, We've seen loads of parts and pieces AND specs. approved for use that would never be found on a "Barrett-Jackson" car.
I've been told by a prominent member of this board that I'm not the one to be making these decisions because I have a "GM mind".
So, what's right, what's wrong, what should be allowed and what should be taken away? We've all got our own "pet peeves" and they're mostly the ones that the other guy in your Class is getting to use. What are YOUR personal "pet peeves" and "bogus" combos and why should they or shouldn't they be fixed?

And seeing as I'm the one starting this s**t fest, I'll go first.
283s with 327 intake manifolds.
273s with LD4B intakes.
All of the Police Interceptor FFFords.
Early 70s 351 FFFords with Holley carbs.

Yeah, it could be a long, bloody winter.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote