View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #259
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

I posted on this method, long before it was called TRUSTART several years ago, and asked that same question, repeatedly, usuallly, with nothing but ridicule from Ed Fernandez, who, although he ran a car in a "slow" class and would have benefitted from the change, was steadfastly against it.

Finally, one person suggested that that the first car to leave, enjoying the benefits of a "clean tree," would have that as an advantage and the first red light system as it still exists, would be an equalizing factor.

Other than that, NOBODY ever gave me any legitimate reason. why it should not be changed.

NOBODY,..

And I beat this drum for months... probably years. Long enough that even ~I~ got tired of it. So, I gave up...

It never had any kind of positive response from the people on this board (except for Jim Wahl and a couple more,) until Peter Biondo and Kyle Seipel recently suggested the very same thing.

I was gratified when they did.

As an aside, the whole concept that is TRUSTART came from a bracket racer in Fremont, California (definitely not ME,) named Bob Mikulic. He raced superchaged Studebakers... He explained it to me in detail (I didn't "get it",) back in the 1990's...

It finally sunk in...

Last edited by bill dedman; 06-12-2016 at 01:04 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote