View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 03:10 AM   #3
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts
Default Re: braided fuel line

Jack, We had a buddy that flies with us had his engine go to "Net 0 oil pressure". After the engine goes back to the MFG and is taken apart and looked at no problems found. They ran it on their Dyno 5 hours. When he got it back in the plane everything looked good until he got some heat in the oil back to "0" pressure it went. One mechanic that was helping the A&P related the story to me. The plane had been down with this problem since August and the owner was about to go nuts. After a short discussion with everyone I suggested that an oil line de-laminate and closed it's self off. . It was only 5 years old. You couldn't see it looking in the hose, but when we split it open it looked like something the Dr. looks at in open heart surgery. The engine company and the plane MFG said they had never had that problem before. The lines had stayed on the plane when the engine went back to the MFG is why I think they never see it. A $128.00 oil line kit cost this guy thousands of dollars. If you have any time (age) on it change it.

Last edited by Adger Smith; 02-28-2016 at 03:12 AM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote