Pinballer

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Resurrecting the Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
If you have not do so, you need to become a member of these sites:

http://amccars.net
http://theamcforum.com

Both sites have classified forums much like ClassRacer.com where you can post what you are looking for. Also, the AMC enthusiasts seem to be very helpful to their own.
Thanks Dwight, I have been to both in my searches for information already. There is another group I used to be part of many years ago, it is the NAMDRA organization which is the AMC racing arm of the hobby. Good place for finding specialty racing pieces geared to AMC's.

(Catching up to present day, Jan 11th 2016)
The dashboard is all back in place and the parts pile on top of the car is shrinking. Part of the dashboard redo involved me trying to put a brushed aluminum applique over the woodgrain plastic. I was trying to cut pieces off a bulk roll and fashion them into the proper size for dash piece, and the end result didn't thrill me a whole lot, but it serves the purpose of making the car more AMX-ish. I have plenty of aluminum decal left, so I may try this again on the spare pieces I have from the parted out car and see if Try #2 goes better.
Currently I'm sorting through the wiring nest in the engine compartment, it's a mystery because I'm retrofitting an older engine into a newer system that used a computer and a whole raft of different componentry, but it will turn out fine. Nothing a pinball guy can't handle, I'm used to seeing about 30 miles worth of wiring in all those ancient machines I fix.
Time to order several pieces now for future installations, the credit card will be taking a post Christmas beating!

The console with gauges cleaned up pretty nice, more interior pictures on the next post when I get them resized...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_img_20151219_145507.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	32195