View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 PM   #98
Tod Lane

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 1978 Mustang II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Swartz View Post
Just a little update.

Life has severely gotten in the way since my last posts on this thread. My old friend, Tod Lane and I have both been bitten by life. My mother whom was living with my wife and I had become more and more ill in the past few months. As cold as this sounds, mercifully she has finally left us. She passed away two weeks ago.

Roughly at same time, Tod's wife of 36+ years has been stricken with cancer. Which for both of us has made working on these old cars just a little less important in the grand scheme of things.

No real work of any consequence has gotten done in the past few months. Honestly, I haven't been in my garage much except to get tools for routine maintenance. So, I'm trying to get re-motivated to get a direction back in life.

In that regard, went to visit a co-worker yesterday and help him remove an unneeded item from his garage. Brought back a "Mexican" re-manned long block. At least that is what the tags say it is? Which just happened to be numbers matching 78 FFFord 302. He said it came out of a 78 T-Bird that he and a buddy had stripped. It did measure out at 4 inches on the bore (std). It has the correct number 78 heads. Which gives me a few more pieces to work with once I get my head screwed back on straight.
Well life has thrown us some curves since Bob's last update, my wife passed away Dec 11.

But we have in fact restarted the project, there is a LONG way to go yet but progress has been made.
Tod Lane is offline   Reply With Quote