View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #14
RPM5595

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Talking Re: Modified questions

Hi fellas, me again! I am still knocking around this Modified plan and I have a question I'm hoping someone can/will answer. I am thinking about running in SS/CS which as discussed earlier is a cast iron head class. This leaves me with only one head choice,the N351. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am an engine builder and I do have a flow bench,(dry flow), but as for knowing what I'm up against in this class I have not much of a clue other than it costs alot of money to be fast. My first question is, keeping in mind that I realize the flow numbers are not always the answer, if I could get a N351 head to flow somewhere around 310cfm Intake@.800" and 240cfm exhaust @.800" WITH a good fat curve on the way up will I even be close to the GM and Mopar heads? I realize this is a general question about head flow but at this point it is the only way I know of to get any idea of what I would be up against. I have no illusions at this point of being a "killer" in the class but I also have better things to do than bring the proverbial "knife to a gunfight". Any advice is appreciated as always.

Thanks,
Jay Roeder
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote