View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #130
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
Im sure whatever you state is true If the IHRA,Jon Kaase etc is AAA then what does that make you and the rest of us? Im sure you can call Brian Gahm,Chris Holbrook,John Montecalvo,the Goforths,Jon Kaase,Gene Fulton,Sonny Leonard and any other person who ever ran an IHRA event busch league but what does that make the rest of us? If the Mountain motor guys struggled against NHRA guys running 500 ci rules maybe its the fact that they are totally different animals and the fact that you call a faster version of the class a minor league confuses me? the IHRA Pro Stockers run low 6s and the NHRA cars have been stuck in the 40 or 50s for a few years. Im curius how much have you won to call anybody AAA and decide just how great somebodys racing effort and talent are?
I think Joe was referring to current day prestige of NHRA Pro Stock vs. IHRA Pro Stock. As of right now, I think we could say NHRA PS has a little more prestige. The fact that Mountain Motor Pro Stock Group is split in half between PDRA and IHRA doesn't help as well.

Side Note, Mountain Motor Pro Stock vs. NHRA Pro Stock on a staggered tree would be fun to watch. Wonder if something like that could last.
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote