Thread: Plaque
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 599 Times in 130 Posts
Default Re: Plaque

You are certainly deserving to have that plaque, you earned it John. With lots of help from Christine and Timmy also. As Greg stated, Timmy was all smiles.

The reason that there were no points champs those 2 years is that when the format went from racing at New England only to the multi track format(Lebanon,New England, Connecticut and Cicero), those first 2 years there were no points kept track of., honestly it was all new, and no one knew how it would workout.

After those 2 years were completed I remember being at a board meeting and discussing whether we should keep track of points. It was decided to keep track, but it was not known if there would be any money left over to payout for points. We had some left over and I believe Bob LeBrun may have won that year. That also may have been the first ASRA banquet.

I don't know what year the plaque was made up, but it was Dave LeBrun's idea and he had it made and donated it ,, I believe.

There are 2 similiar plaques, one at Lebanon and one at New England that were donated by Tom Boucher

Congrats, enjoy it