View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help wiring pressure switch,line lock and 2-step

First off THANK-YOU both for the informative responses. This what I was looking for.

Lew......What I am trying to do is undo 35 years of superstock racing using a trans brake and trying to understand the "tuning" process of the new Mustang. Computers instead of timing, jet changes and 4-link adjustments. Originally I was building a Cobra Jet 5.0 N/A car. However it became crystal clear I could never stay with the big boys based on resources they have available which outsiders don't have.
With that let me say I know these CJ guys work there ***** off getting every bit of HP out of them and I admire them for there dedication. Sometimes getting answers is like pulling teeth. It hurts and you finally give up. The car will be street driven/limited racing mostly testing for about a year; then converted to a full race car when I retire.

My hang-up has been the rear line-lock issue. When I raced it was illegal. Now it seems everybody has there own opinion on the subject. I suspect it depends on if you have it or not.

Upon further investigation I see the front brake line out of the Master cylinder runs to a factory proportioning valve. I can put the line-lock in that line along with the pressure switch. I am also going to install a pressure gauge. I had a pressure gauge back in the 70's with my B/SA car to help with consistency and it worked well. Are there guys still doing that?

So the line lock is only used for the burn out and foot brake using both front and rear brakes to hold the car.

Tgreen....... Great information. So the button only controls the 2-step and the line-lock is only used for the burn out. With the button releases there is no worry about the 2-step engaging on the other end? With the consistency you have, I can't wait to try it.
201250 is offline   Reply With Quote