View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help wiring pressure switch,line lock and 2-step

I did a search and found a lot of good info on using the brake pressure switch/2-step/line lock, but not much on wiring everything together. Sorry for the long post. I have a 2012 Mustang and plan on using 2 line locks (one for left front one for right front) using the anti lock brake distribution block as the junction. Seems like the cleanest install. I also understand the disadvantage if one line lock goes bad you are screwed. Have the rules changed allowing line locks on the rear wheels? If so is that how you are holding the car instead of the fronts?

Will it work to put the pressure switch at the Master cylinder into the line feeding the front brakes into the distribution block? I assume you are using the pressure switch to activate the 2-step using a 40psi switch.

The line lock would be activated by a momentary switch (steering wheel cc button). then what you bump the car in at about 2000rpm,
set the 2-step to about 3000-3500, stage, go WOT and leave on your bulb. If so will the front brakes only hold the car on the line without creeping forward. I know it;s not that simple but in theory?
I could also see adding a pressure gauge to help with consistency

I've got Baer SS4 11" dual calipers for the rears and 11" SS4's for the front.

Hope someone can clear this up for me Thanks in advance for the help.

TC

Last edited by 201250; 07-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.
201250 is offline   Reply With Quote