View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
RPM5595

Liked 32 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Modified questions

Yeah, I called Ford "Race Parts" and talked to a real pleasant fellow, not. Anyway, this guy would just about tell me nothing about the V351 heads except that they were of a "proprietery" design. He said they were a 15* valve angle, 47 cc chamber, and the ports are unfinished. He said that a pair done "correctly" would flow as good as Yates heads. As I have worked on some used Nascar Yates heads for some of my customers I asked him for a idea of what kind of flow numbers he was referencing because the Yates heads can flow dramatically different depending on which style you have. He acted like I had insulted him and said that would depend on who ported them. Duh. I asked him if they were like the Edelbrock Victor "Pro Port" heads and all he said was I could get all the parts for the heads from Jesel and thanks for calling. Click. What a jackass. So, I guess at this point if I decide to use aluminum heads I will probably go with the better flowing Yates stuff. The iron N351's are definately a good head for iron though and that may be the smarter combination, and slightly less expensive. I fully understand flow numbers are not the most important quality in a head but it does give a reference to go with. So, what kind of flow numbers has anyone seen from a set of ported N351's? Thanks for the interest.
Jay
RPM5595 is offline   Reply With Quote