Thread: GT Combo?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: GT Combo?

Reserved for foreign and domestic factory-production two-door coupes, two-door sedans, sports cars, convertibles, or station wagons with any production V-8 engine of the same make. Year of engine optional. Only those engines and/or bodies listed in the Official NHRA Stock Car Classification Guide are eligible for competition. Also see WEIGHT. Cars will be classified using the shipping weight of the body divided by the horsepower or performance rating of the engine used. Factory production rear-wheel-drive cars must have originally been equipped with a V-6 or V-8.

ENGINE
V-8 only; must be same make as body. Year optional. Engine must be listed in both the NHRA Stock Car Classification Guide and NHRA Blueprint Bulletins. Corporate engines permitted. Truck engines prohibited. Underhood modifications for engine installation prohibited (i.e., firewall, shock towers, frame, excessive cutting of
S/S
Section 11B, page 11 Super Stock/GT
cross member for clearance, etc.). All other rules as outlined under Super Stock ENGINE will apply. See General Regulations 1:2.

You can run an AMC engine in C/D/P vehicle or you can have an AMC vehicle with a C/D/P engine as they are part of the corporate family.
Chrysler bought AMC in 1987. Some people don't seem to like this or understand this (or both) but corporate mergers are just like two family mergers; you get the snot-nosed brat with the deal, no matter how good your kids are!

I see Eric beat me to the punch by one minute! I need to learn to type faster!