View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #19
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL PIACENTINI View Post
Rocket block,your 1st post was on the money.For those that don't know me I was the last person to race this car & disassembled it before a trailer & 5K was sent East to pick it up.Mr Pontiac said don't worry I'll send the other 10K asap.Well the only thing that came for some time was it's a piece of junk & complaining.Now thats a been used by beaters for years but I always thought he might be using it to explain to people why his 6x-400 would only run 10:50's.Phil has a big heart & never got angry & just figured he would come thru someday.For 7 yrs or so I offered to collect but Phil declined.A few bucks trickled in & some new valves & lifter braces plus a 428 block & a couple of head cores.What really stuns me is a month or so ago the insurance adjuster calls & asks about the sale price & could he provide a letter with that amount.I said you got to be kidding,why not ask for the balance before you mail anything. But no being the guy he is a generous letter is sent.I have no axe to grind with Floper as from the early 90's I was warned by some good Pontiac racers never send any money.My purpose for writing this is that anyone with a brain can see the scam here. It can"t be worth anything since the present owner stated it wasn't a good car. The real scam would be if it shows up someday with Hatari on it's sides & looks a lot like Bales old stripper that the boy has now.Peter never drove that one.

Thanks Sal. Your a good man and the world knows it. Now the world knows "the rest of the story". And we all know Phil would give his last shirt off his back to anybody. Too bad this happened to him.
RB
RocketBlock is offline   Reply With Quote