View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: "Live" From The Columbus Points Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Had a long delay, but once racing action got underway, things have been smooth. Tech went well and I swapped in some fresh C-11 (as before, the only thing I could buy at Bristol this weekend was VP-112, which is not on the accepted fuels list). Finished flushing the fuel system about time they called Super Stock. Still had to check tires etc, and by the time I got to head to the lanes they were probably on their third call. Even so, I was the first car in line. Gotta say, best 60' I've had in awhile, so hat-tip to the track crew!

Got to see some old friends (no pun intended, Lovins!), meet some new ones, and was able to congratulate Larry Hill in person for his Wally. I really look up to Larry. I have no choice, really! ;-) Also saw Greg and Andrew Hill, Ronnie Traupman and Aaron Allison (who is running his B/CM Vega in Super Street. I found a nice high n'dry (as recommended) on a gravel-based piece of grass right inside the gate.

The run itself was good on the tree and 60', yet still slower than Atlanta. Wind is creeping up. Traction was great. Track surface itself has a couple little dips and humps in the right, but not anything to upset a car my
speed.

SS Q#1 78.7 deg, 72%, 28.93, 3,145' DA
Hey Michael , Danny Jr is there running super comp....tell him i said hello....he went by himself . keep a check on him for me please....good luck