View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: The Beatles live in 1964

About a month ago I taught my 3 year old grandson "Here Comes The Sun",, took about 3 replays off the old Abbey Road CD to do it. I've been a Beatles fan and collector since that Sunday night, in February of '64, when Ed Sullivan introduced them to us. I've picked up some pretty rare stuff over the years.
The thing I like about Youtube is you can put quite a concert together if you want. I drew up a list of somewhat forgotten groups and acts from the '60s recently, then sat down and chased them down on Youtube and had a great time doing it.
One of my favorite Beatles set of videos from Youtube is from typing in: Beatles Shea Stadium,, it was quite a night,,, wish I could've been there.
Like Jeff said,, Paul Mc Cartney is still a great concert to take in if you get a chance,,, saw him a couple years ago, and about an hour into it, the band decided to take a break, so they left the stage, but Paul stayed out there for about another hour himself, doing piano solos, guitar solos, even a ukelelei tribute to George which was pretty cool, the band members came back and Paul never stopped until the end of the night. Not bad for a guy whos' 70 this year, and still sounds great.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote