View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #109
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts
Unhappy Re: Ken Keir wheelie bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
we obviously ain't friends and all that matter is you think so Frank and you and many others would like to think it's a whole different game but it's not!

so what part of the truth and the facts don't you like.
Apparently we all have some problems with facts.
There's not much doubt as to your acomplishments as you have posted them all over the Internet. No doubt that some of what you did with your 69 is impressive. And I have in person complimented you.
What is disheartening is that in person you are nothing like the persona you project and have projected for years. I myself have defended you with some fairly prominent people in the racing industry. You are a condescending horses behind on the Internet.

Ed I used to feel as you that there is little difference between bracket racing and stock super stock racing. Have found with five years under my belt that it is assumption that is only partially true.

In qualifying with a fast car for its class you can position yourself on the ladder where you feel is best. It is an art and some play the ladder quite well.
The eliminator is mostly a braket race unless the ladder hands you a heads up. Most racers have a consistent combination they run during the eliminator then have a few changes that speed the car up in some cases considerably. But because everybody pays attention to everybody the really fast guys who are well seasoned only show enough to win. Therefore avoiding the AHFS. Go too fast and the horsepower gods can make your combination uncompetitive.
Then we come to combinations choosing and protecting.
These are well known facts in the S/SS world that we all live with.

As far as Mr. Keir wheelly bar. It is a fine piece of engineering. What many racers have found is leaving hard is faster a big wheel stand is fun and puts on a great show but not necessarily fast and can get ugly. With an adjustable wheelly bar it can be used to allow the car to leave hard moving forward not up. It can as you state be done with shocks and weight but there are reasons the fast guys are fast and those facts unfold with time and testing.
As far as my program one of the fastest who run my combination in the world gave me some sage advice. "You can only get so much out of testing and innovation". Taken as a compliment as I do have a tendency to think outside the box and flog it.
But more significant was "you have to open you wallet".
Now just building a competitive class car no matter how you approach it is a pile of money filling a hole in the pavement. It is another pile to obtain a good power plant and drivetrain.
So as you, I have no trouble with facts. Some guys don't care about loosing a few heads ups. Others think not having a fighting chance blocks the way to the final. Rest assured I feel the latter.
Hope these facts work for you!
Open your wallet. The man in PA will build you the fastest peice in the country just send him some checks and wait a year or so.

This is a nice distraction from making the money to dump in that hole.

See you in the lanes.

Last edited by Signman; 02-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Signman is offline   Reply With Quote