View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Competetive 4-cylinders in Comp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
Have you looked into SS/EX?
I think you’re going to have a hard time running the 10.80 SS/CX index when you can't modify the front clip enough to make it work. SS/EX index is 10.50, you could run methanol, engine location and body mod rules are a lot more liberal, Its 11.5 lbs per inch and you won't have to compete with 260+ cubic inch V6 RWD cars that can run 1.00 in bracket mode and are only going to bring the SS/CX index down. Good luck, we need more of these cars
Gary one of the problems with SS/EX is the index With a soup to nuts top notch car you can probably run 9.70's (in real good air) But that might not even get you in the field at Indy.
You still have to deal with the drawbacks related to FWD. The far better class is SS/GS (the class I run) Heavy (18 pounds per cube) but a much softer index (for now). I've run 12.70's all over the place. And I believe that a properly done effort could run 12.3's.
My car has been in the process of change for 5 years and still is. A smaller stroke would help me, and as of now (and the rest of this year) I'm running a set of street headers (no step or merge)