View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to Revisit the Super Times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
Now that is some funny ***** right there..............

We just went through this. Everyone voted to keep thing the same. This is why TD has gotten out of control. If you let the racer decide how fast to go, then the guys with the $$$$$ can take control. I know it is still a bracket race, after qualifying, but it is still intimidating knowing you have to run 6.80s just to get in. Why not make it a 64 car field.
I beg to differ. Everyone did NOT vote to keep everything the same. In fact more people voted for some kind of change than to keep it the same. They just didn't agree on what to change it to. The choices were lame, so the change vote was split, and the largest single vote was for no change. In short, the survey was poorly done.

I still contend that there is a something wrong with a 2+ second difference between classes. If you can't run mid-high 6's your next choice is to run almost 9 seconds. That's just stupid, especially when the difference in cost is tens of thousands of dollars. You can build a very competent SC car for $50k, but it will cost you twice that to make the TD fields in many divisions.