View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Charles Rainey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Single channel O2

Fellows. I have worked with just about every unit out there. Most of you are quoting facts about something you have never run a test on. I welded up a header with 7 bungs so that I could run a test one against the other. I also purchased a test canister for testing against a known percentage. Do not make assumptions about how good a unit you use unless you know how it responds under different conditions and with which sensor it uses. I do not sale any of the units so mine was purely for testing. I was amazed At how different many of the units perform. First you better know what bit resolution (10 bit 12 bit 14 bit 16 bit or what). What is the response time. Does it data log or not? Does it take a snap shot or record every data point or take 5 counts and divide or what? What happens to the unit as the sensor starts getting Use time. All sensor slow down as they get run time, some as much as 50% or MORE. How well does it calibrate. Ease of setup should play very little part in it as you will only set it up one time. I am trying a new unit out of Canada now. Looks very promising. What some of these company did one year ago means nothing as many have made firmware changes as well as product changes. I saw above where one guy said how bad Innovate was. Their LM2 now is totally different than their LM1 and the LC1. FAST has made changes. You must review what they have now, not what they had one year ago. O2 sensors is a very fast evolving product market. All have problems or had problems. Separate the two. Purchase one time but know what you are getting and do mot be surprised that something better comes out right after you purchase it (just like Wide Screen TV's).
Hey yall, I sorry, got on a tangent. But electronics I love
charles
Charles Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote