View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do with the current CJ and DP car situation?

Kurt,

You have an excellent point and it has been suggested in the past "just correct the hp." There are a couple of problems. These cars are so far underrated that it will take several years to do this. Even the LT1s took a while and they weren't that far off, but they were also in their own class until things got sorted out (best solution).

The other problem with correcting the hp on these combos is that Ford mainly and I believe Chrysler have several other combos that are coming out that are just as far underrated as these are. This could take decades to get right or it may never be right if they keep bringing out these new poorly factored combos.

How would you like to be one of the original Cobra Jet/Drag Pak owners and not be able to qualify because the new combos are bumping you? It would be pretty funny to hear them sing our song, IMHO.

As far as the marketing aspect of this stunt. I personally don't think the "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" is nearly as effective as what GM did with the Camaro in the "Transformers" movie. This is a new age of media and that got much more buzz and sales for the Camaro it appears based on the chart I posted earlier. The Camaro in many months out sells the Mustangs and Challengers combined!

They really do need to keep these cars in Stock, but put them in the proper class and allow them to make the rule book modifications to fit Super Stock/GT where possible. I like the cars and the drivers. I have also noticed that none of the drivers are new to racing.

It would be nice to develop a program that brings new blood into drag racing. I am not sure what that would be, but I am confident that it must include scantily clad women. I bet a Linda Vaughan enmasse' reincarnation marketing effort would work. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote