View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #84
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,030 Times in 314 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

The issue with the .370 or .400 tree has been brought up A LOT in the past 2 years or so. I mean the tracks make it sound like they have to physically go out and change the tree to make the move from .370 to .400 when all they have to do is switch a program in the computer. I help out with 2 East Coast Super Class Associations and we run on a .400 Tree in the Super Gas and are switching over to the .370 Tree in the Super Comp Association for 2011. Now we didn't even know there was a difference in the tree until back in 2007 Lucky came up to us at one of the Association races and was like do you want a .370 or .400 Tree and My Pop and I said "Hunh?". He said they use a .370 Tree in Divisional Races and my Dad was like well there's the reason I can't cut a light this year. I mean in 06 We were red-lighting and double 0's then 07 we were .40's and .50's and switching the 4-link bars, adjusting the shocks, putting new tires on and we couldn't figure out why and still struggle to this day. I know people have come up to us and told us "We won't run the association cause you use a .400 Pro Tree, because we use those races as test and tunes for the Divisionals". We keep the Tree at .400 for Super Street Guys that have the power to run 9.90 but maybe can't hit a .370 Tree, Dave Harvey Sr. Tom Raskowski, Mike Lauria....all these guys have said we won't run if you switch over to a .370 tree and I'd be shocked if we picked up maybe 4 to 5 guys cause we run a .370 Tree. I'd say switch back to a True .400 Tree cause I think we'd draw more cars back into the class and maybe not have 40+ cars at a National Event like this weekend. As far as I'm concerned Angelle "Cry Baby" is retired....let the Pro's have a .370, we want the .400 Tree Back!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote