View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
S/G 386N

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to S/G 386N
Default Re: Sportsman Council phone conference Tonight!

Rock, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, so I'll bring it up. The insurance that we pay for at national events, now up to $60 from the $40 it was last and previous years. What is it? I know of several people that complain about it and think it's a waste.

One friend when at the registration trailer at US Nationals last year asked what he got for his $40 insurance money. Answer = there wasn't an answer.

Then asked if he could see a copy of the insurance policy Answer = "we don't have a copy"

He asked for someone higher up than the ticket girl to get an answer. He didn't have an answer to either of his questions either.

If they are making us pay for it, there should at least be a copy of this policy available.

If there a way to opt out of getting the insurance? If there is, I can't find it. I have more than enough life insurance for my family if something tragic were to happen to me while racing. I doubt the NHRA's insurance money will be anything more than a drop in the bucket compared to what I already have.