View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #36
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Art I don't know why your feeling like I said something wrong about your car.....all I meant was it's a very different combo and might be effected more than others on some things.

I try to have fun with Drooze......if you think I'm being harsh.....so be it......
No prob Rich I know and I know its not meant in a nasty way...

I typed up a whole long tech explanation last night and the browser froze.

Arts car isnt a Turbo, and basically he runs the same system but half, 4 of em , we even have the same crank trigger.

What it boils down to is, in our coils, each (the Hemi) there are 2 windings....1 for each plug. So that in itself takes double the juice each cyl fire, (2 plugs per cyl) Now, we didnt listen in the beginning and figured a 12v system would be adequate we heard about half on each side.....so we figured wed try for 12v....well since then the other half has defected to 16v because the issues with juice, starts, rough runs, etc.

Now , our 20 amp igniters, which suck over double the juice of the 8amp igniters well, they cure the run problems, but dont help the start issues at all....and can make it worse since you dont see or feel it coming.

We had 20+ starts and pit runs, warmups, tech, staging, scales, etc when we were last a nostart.

2 min on a charger would have saved us....but well too many frantic moments and no juice , our generator was down.

So live and learn, Id like to go back to the 8 amp igniters because of EM noise, then I could just go 16v like all the other DP's have found is pretty much a neccesity (or two batts)......

Cheers

Chris...
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote