View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #23
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

If the computer or the tune up is wrong.....well forgive me but you need a new "tuner" because it should sure as hell go down the racetrack if you dyno'ed the thing.

Well, hitting and loosing collectors and being pushed off dosent wring out on the dyno, bad grounds, and other mechanical gremlins dont have anything to do with the tuner.

Get enough battery power in the car along with a working alternator.......There is no reason an EFI car can't go up and down the racetrack numerous times with minimal difficulty and without a dead battery.

At both Norwalk we had like 25 starts and runs to scales, fuel, tech etc and was only a nostart once, the last time, when it counted, after our collector fell off....AND You draw an immense amount less current...... we have what equates to 16 individual coild (8 COP packs with 2 windings) with 20 Amp Igniters....I can promise we suck on the average 2-3 times the juice of a single coild system at 120kv....that Ive got scope outs of.

I tuned my own ECU.....No dyno....Basically no help from anyone on the tuneup. I can't see why what you have should be that much more complicated.

The 10.59 pass was a tune I worked on from the 6.1 Dyno results. It was my tune.

You had professional help in the tuneup area.....so I am wondering why there are so many problems cropping up.....

The only issues have been the addition of new elements, 2 and 3 step. Those have in part been driver error in part other things, but they were new and failed after being tested, they have been changed and will be test

My advice....race it locally as much as possible to get it right and get the driver(s) comfortable

Agreed 100% thats also why Im removing myself from the driving pool except in case of emergency. It will give him more seat time and allow me to concentrate on the above items soley.

In the next 2 weeks before Tenn, we plan to do just that, run the snot out of it, locally....
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote