View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
silent.echo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have i created a monster

SDR was my hometrack. I'm from Reynolds (I now live in Houston, TX). They have the Fall Brawl there and the Jr. Challenge. I know they used to run the Gritz Blitz and the Div. 2 Jr. Finals there after the Jr. Class had a falling out with the owner of US 19 Dragway. Don't worry about him driving a slow Jr. either, it'll work to your advantage. I remember racing there in the 13+ catagory in the later part of my Jr. career. We never had a fast car. We were poor racers. We brought our car in on an open trailer and raced the big-money 7.90 and 8.90 boys with a car running 12.50s. Those 8 and 9 second guys didn't know how to bracket race. They didn't know how to wait at the light for their tree to come down. I went four rounds before one didn't just give the race to me off the tree. One of the guys I beat came in with 1 car for the 7.90 index race, 1 car for the bracket race, and 1 car for the 330 outlaw race (all for the same driver) all carried by a rig similar to that that carries Top Fuel cars and their crew. I also put one of the renowned Shipp siblings on the trailer in that eliminator too. Running fast is fun, but I'd rather have a slow, consistant car any day of the week (and God's blessing of the poor and a little luck)..
silent.echo is offline   Reply With Quote