View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #46
Mongo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

I just read the posts here and had to stop and thank you guys for all the entertainment.I have been a racer @ this facility since 1997(newcomer)and have seen many ups and downs for the track that is my most local track.I have also been there for one of the saddest moments I have seen at any track.I've heard many people complain about the facility(sometimes justifiably sometimes not).I have gotten in arguments with staff,track directors and the owner(sometimes justifiably sometimes not) when I have felt a track rule or situation was unfair.
Last year when this place got flooded the racers and the staff/owner of this facility did work together to get the track cleaned up and ready for racing for the Night of Fire show. They did all this within a week!At that moment it showed to me that though at times SOME of the choices may have been poor in the past it wasn't because of a lack of caring or commitment to their track.
I already knew the racers their to be of first rate character(as most racers are)from my own experience there. What was most impressive with this situation was the staff and owners effort.
I believe the loudest statement any racer as an individual can make is with there choice to race a facility. This season I have chosen to race at the valley in points in Pro and Super because they have chosen to work towards a positive direction.
I may not be in a fast car(mid 10s) but with the new rules for this class I may get a chance to race a 5 rd bracket race for $1500.I would like to thank all the faster cars that will be racing in this series for an affordable opportunity to race cars much faster than mine and if I get "lucky" a chance to pay for my weekend plus...This is definitely the weakest part of my racing and I am looking forward to improving at this.$130.plus(don't know the exact amount)is a LOT cheaper than the funds I would put up at a big dollar Super Pro event to get this same experience.
I am looking forward to the season and hope the series has enough cars to ALWAYS pay the full amount. See ya all soon!
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote