View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
RON NICKELS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top end racing tips??

If im running a slower car i always have my left foot on the brake pedal, but not applying any pressure,also i put my left hand on top of the steering wheel and my rt. hand on the cross bar and lock my arms so as not to turn the wheel,this way i can be sure im going strait .If i see im going to get to the stripe first ,i back off the throttle, and ease the brake on to take the stripe.Always have your left foot on the brake as your opponnet may try to dump you in the lights,takes to much time to hit the brakes if your a 1 foot driver.

If your being chased,if it is possible ,take the left lane, as your vision is a whole lot better,because you can find your competition, and find the win stripe without moving your head back, and forth,position your head at a 45 degree angle ,and use yours eyes,that way you can see the stripe, and your competition,without moving your head back and forth,also if he dumps you ,youll be ready to hit the brakes,of coarse if its a real fast dragster ,or door car its gets even tougher to judge.If your in the rt. lane it gets real tough as you have move your head around and back to judge the stripe,what i do is grab the roll bar with my rt. hand,keep my left hand on top of the steering wheel as to not turn the steering wheel when i turn around to look for my competition.
never rely on your rear view or side mirrors to judge the stripe ,you can use the rear veiw mirror to watch for tire spin, red lite bad lite etc.

THE HAMMER 7316
RON NICKELS
RON NICKELS is offline   Reply With Quote