View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #472
ss3845

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory experimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
The thing that really bothers me about this is that it's obvious that Ford did this with hp numbers they knew were bogus and that's like stealing. The other thing is that NHRA let them get away with it without protecting their own members from unfair competition. I was about ready to buy a new Ford Edge, I think now I will look at GM's.

Greg
Now that just doesn't make sense when you clearly admit GM did the exact same thing in your next post.

And what difference does it make if it is an "aftermarket built race car" as you claim. Didn't everyone who has an LS1/LT1 take them to the "aftermarket" and make them into a racecar? Who cares where the work is done? They built the required number as per the NHRA rules. And we all know there are countless cars out there with engines that were not available from the factory. This is not one of them. They were available in all 50 cars as per NHRA rules. When one actually gets down the track then you might have an argument on the HP factor, but nobody that can do anything about it will be listening. You should know that better than anyone.

Jim McBean