CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stock Class at Mile High (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73627)

KRatcliff 07-19-2019 05:56 PM

Stock Class at Mile High

Can someone explain to me how the first round of Stock for class was going to the car that came in 2nd under their index? It is a staggered start by index and the first one to the finish line is not the winner. Please explain what I am missing.

KRatcliff 07-19-2019 06:02 PM

Re: Stock Class at Mile High

Never mind. It was something goofed in the NHRA timing system. They had it completely backwards as evidenced by the C/SA heads up and the second round that was posted on DRC.

GUMP 07-19-2019 06:02 PM

I'm glad you saw that two. I thought I'd lost my mind!

Mark Yacavone 07-19-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRatcliff (Post 592819)
Can someone explain to me how the first round of Stock for class was going to the car that came in 2nd under their index? It is a staggered start by index and the first one to the finish line is not the winner. Please explain what I am missing.

Seems they are set on breakout racing. I didn't think that was possible..til now.

KRatcliff 07-19-2019 06:05 PM

Same thing happened in the AA/SA race. They had the correct winners show up for the 2nd round it showed, but I am surprised the announcer didn't pay any attention to what was happening.

gsa612 07-19-2019 08:40 PM

NHRA has to re-think running class at Denver,only 27 cars this year why even bother. gsa612

MEXJOE 07-20-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsa612 (Post 592835)
NHRA has to re-think running class at Denver,only 27 cars this year why even bother. gsa612

Run class at divisional events and ”Alla / kazam” no more need for a Low car quota at National Events.. and a good reason to go to divisional events besides “GRADE POINTS “. I don't know but it looks like an idea.. ?

BG56 07-20-2019 08:07 AM

I've said it before: What is the sense of running class with such low quotas and/or car count. Was it meant to be an 'insentive' for entries or just misplaced priorities and $$$?

Lew Silverman 07-20-2019 08:15 AM

The numbers posted on the FS1 broadcast yesterday showed a Density Altitude of over 9000 feet! Are numbers like that why folks don't go there?

X-TECH MAN 07-20-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lew Silverman (Post 592857)
The numbers posted on the FS1 broadcast yesterday showed a Density Altitude of over 9000 feet! Are numbers like that why folks don't go there?

Not everyone wants to install oxygen systems in their cars. You can not fly an airplane above 10,000 feet legally without an oxygen system.