CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   “Live” from Gainesville 2018 (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69202)

Larry Hill 03-05-2018 05:21 PM

“Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Well we are not there yet! We are still in Belle Rose doing some maintenance things! We plan to leave first thing in the morning and drive the 603 miles straight through.

If anybody knows what’s happening there, please post and let us know. They said we could stack tomorrow and stay in our motor home so that is what we plan to do. Then we park on Wednesday where we will stay through the Gators!

Don Kennedy 03-05-2018 05:34 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 557492)
Well we are not there yet! We are still in Belle Rose doing some maintenance things! We plan to leave first thing in the morning and drive the 603 miles straight through.

If anybody knows what’s happening there, please post and let us know. They said we could stack tomorrow and stay in our motor home so that is what we plan to do. Then we park on Wednesday where we will stay through the Gators!

If by Chance i can get into the Gators what is the Schedule for the latest to tech for the points meet ? Saturday ? Friday?

Chuck Westcott 03-05-2018 05:38 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Parking is set to begin Wednesday @ 8am- S/Gas and S/Comp -S/Stock will be parked on the Road Course- East Side- No Saving Spots anywhere so they said.
Have a Good trip.

PJ305 03-05-2018 05:59 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott (Post 557495)
Parking is set to begin Wednesday @ 8am- S/Gas and S/Comp -S/Stock will be parked on the Road Course- East Side- No Saving Spots anywhere so they said.
Have a Good trip.

Well I drove by today and over 75 rigs are in line and were told to form 3 lines and parking will start Tuesday at 8:00am . I went by the Facebook post and will arrive at 8:00am in the morning! I have been in a campground for over a week only to find out I will be at least 100 in line. Thank you very much Div2 for your misinformation! I went by again at 6:15 and all gates are locked, so I guess tomorrow at 8:00am I might be able to get in. THANKS AGAIN Div2

Chuck Westcott 03-05-2018 06:30 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
I got that Info from Rich-- Divisional Director ! This Evening.
It's posted on their Facebook Page.

PJ305 03-05-2018 06:42 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott (Post 557500)
I got that Info from Rich-- Divisional Director ! This Evening.
It's posted on their Facebook Page.

Their Facebook page said no racers are allowed to to stay in stacking until Tuesday, so why are so many allowed to cut ahead of the racers that obeyed their post on Facebook?

Ken Miele 03-05-2018 07:04 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Patsy, I am in line. They told us we could leave our rigs but we could not stay overnight, but many did. The gates were open in the morning and then closed at night between 5 and 6. We are here at our own risk and would not be able to get back in after 5 or 6.

There were about a dozen rigs left here from the Orlando race. There are another 50 or so in line with most people staying with there rigs that are in line. I don't think they are happy we got here so early but they did not through us out.

They will let people stack tomorrow with no issues, just pull in like it was a national, they said they are parking through the back gate on Wednesday.

Don Kennedy 03-06-2018 06:39 AM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 557502)
Patsy, I am in line. They told us we could leave our rigs but we could not stay overnight, but many did. The gates were open in the morning and then closed at night between 5 and 6. We are here at our own risk and would not be able to get back in after 5 or 6.

There were about a dozen rigs left here from the Orlando race. There are another 50 or so in line with most people staying with there rigs that are in line. I don't think they are happy we got here so early but they did not through us out.

They will let people stack tomorrow with no issues, just pull in like it was a national, they said they are parking through the back gate on Wednesday.

are the Pits that bad at the Gators? I have not been there since the early 80s>What are the issues ?

Ken Miele 03-06-2018 08:46 AM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557516)
are the Pits that bad at the Gators? I have not been there since the early 80s>What are the issues ?

The pits are fine, no issues.

Good morning all, there are 65 rigs in line. Not many came in when the track opened this morning. The weather is nice, sunny and warm. Today is just a stacking day, tomorrow we park. The weather looks to be a little cooler this week, with highs in the low 60's and some rain late Sunday.

HR9121 03-06-2018 10:29 AM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557516)
are the Pits that bad at the Gators? I have not been there since the early 80s>What are the issues ?

Don the only issue with pits is if there is overflow it goes to the roadcourse track. It is quite a distance to staging from there. I heard the area of woods between the regular pits and the roadcourse were wetlands so might explain why they don't expand the pits.
Another tidbit for anyone traveling down, I have not confirmed this but was told if a driver is seen holding a cell phone in Florida by a policeman it is a $250 fine. This does not apply to the race track only public right away.😉
I plan to be down Thursday, hopefully there's still room to park!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger