CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Southwest Nostalgia Drags (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Newest Flyer>>>> (http://www.classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55198)

Mark Yacavone 10-06-2014 10:32 PM

Newest Flyer>>>>

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Alex Kadar, Al-Co Electric, 602-769-7070

SStockDart 11-22-2014 07:16 PM

Re: Newest Flyer>>>>

Nice turn out....great weather....and some way cool cars.

mopacltd 11-29-2014 09:12 PM

I am not trying to start anything here, so don't shoot the messenger. But why didn't Mark's race bring every stock/super stock car in the area out to his race? 21 cars is a pretty good turn out, but there are many more just here in the Phoenix area, let alone in Arizona, California and Nevada. End of season freshening, distance to travel, personality conflict, needing to spend more time at work or with family? I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just don't know why we can't seem to get the car count and spectator count here in the 5th largest city to be better than it is.
I am considering doing the stock or maybe super stock thing, but if the car counts are this lower for local stuff, it is just not a viable option to bracket racing.
Sorry for the rant.

SStockDart 11-29-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopacltd (Post 454210)
I am not trying to start anything here, so don't shoot the messenger. But why didn't Mark's race bring every stock/super stock car in the area out to his race? 21 cars is a pretty good turn out, but there are many more just here in the Phoenix area, let alone in Arizona, California and Nevada. End of season freshening, distance to travel, personality conflict, needing to spend more time at work or with family? I don't have a dog in this fight, but I just don't know why we can't seem to get the car count and spectator count here in the 5th largest city to be better than it is.
I am considering doing the stock or maybe super stock thing, but if the car counts are this lower for local stuff, it is just not a viable option to bracket racing.
Sorry for the rant.

Well, I can only speak for me. I thought I had my stocker ready to go.....The Super Stocker is in moth balls until next spring. After I loaded the Roadrunner, I noticed an oil drip near the rear of the engine...I simply did not want to take a chance of oiling the track or my rear tires. So, there are 2 cars that didn't make it......Donna and I went there without cars and had a great time.

mopacltd 08-12-2015 05:22 PM

Any new race dates?

Mark Yacavone 08-17-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mopacltd (Post 479079)
Any new race dates?

Actually no, Chuck
I think we are about ready for the memorabilia sale ;-)

mopacltd 08-18-2015 10:55 AM

That does not sound good, Mark.

Rick Kolber 08-18-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 479524)
Actually no, Chuck
I think we are about ready for the memorabilia sale ;-)

Your events are the #1 reason I built my car to hopefully do some class racing close to home like the good 'ol days. Oh well, I waited too long!

Dave Muller 09-04-2015 05:12 PM

And there I was planning to invite several friends to the track to watch me race in this year's event.

Not in Stock/SS combo unfortunately, I'm still a long way from that, but in the non-electronic gambler.

mopacltd 10-14-2015 11:09 AM

With the new management at Tucson, have you thought abut doing your event there?