CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   cbs latest on handbrakes? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=32576)

Mickey Whaley 04-04-2011 01:24 PM

cbs latest on handbrakes?

Talked to danny in g-ville he was gonna talk to collins didn't know if you had heard any thing?

SCohen 04-04-2011 01:57 PM

Re: cbs latest on handbrakes?

All I can tell you is the sportsman advisory all voted in favor of allowing hand brake/secondary systems and for some reason unknown we are still not allowed to have them. These people that make the rules just don't understand how much safer this is, they insist we are scrubing ET off with the hand brake which really should not matter if you use your hand or foot. Safer with your hand and less chance of locking up tires they do not get it go figure!

Maverick 04-04-2011 02:29 PM

I have a question. In a emergency situation, when your foot brake fails and you have to use your emergency hand brake. How do you pull your chute? It seems to me, if this is a back up system, you would not be required to have a chute. Did they make Allen Johnson get rid of his hand brake in his Pro Stock car? I seen him pulling his brake before he use to stage. Just wondering.

THE LEGEND 04-04-2011 02:31 PM

Do they not think we are not doing it with the foot????????
Chip Johnson

Maverick 04-04-2011 02:59 PM

I got a couple of more questions. :D I think the sportsman advisory council or committee, recommended that the index needed changed for the super classes and NHRA polled some of the racers and counted the votes for a change or not. I wonder why, they don't take a vote on the hand brake issue, and if the racers vote for it, fine. One last question, is the hand brake only the back wheels? I hope I can get a answer, cause I don't have a clue. Just feel like there is more to it, than I know.
Steve Willie Williams Super gas 351N Doing my best with what I got and I am not even close.

CBS 04-04-2011 05:02 PM

I have not heard a word on it but I will send a note to Mike Rice to get the question brought up again.

This is not something that we should let go. It's just wrong that it is not allowed.

Like Steve said, we voted all in favor of allowing a handbrake. Not 1 person voted against it. WTF...

CBS 04-04-2011 10:28 PM

I asked for another review of the rule......I will post when they answer me...hopefully this week....

Rock

Mickey Whaley 04-04-2011 10:48 PM

Thanks rock the good thing is danny was in agreement with cohen and I hope they see the light?

CBS 04-06-2011 08:57 PM

I believe he is the one holding it up....so maybe he has changed his tune....Cohen can get to you like that.....lol

Rich Biebel 04-06-2011 09:39 PM

I was told that some chassis builders as well as some others were going to write letters to NHRA Tech urging them to allow the seperate hand brake. They would stress the added safety feature as that is why they installed them in the first place. That was a month or more ago....

This past Sunday......I raced my car for the first time and had my throttle stick on my last run.......Brakes were useless.......Fortunately I just switched to a Ron's Terminator and pulled the fuel shutoff and stopped easily......using both my foot and hand brakes as I usually do.....