CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Red light debate update. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=29532)

Ed Fernandez 11-07-2010 03:30 PM

Red light debate update.

The latest report out of Wash DC states that rogue forces in the Pentagon,led by followers of G W Bush and Dick Cheney and Black Water,have hatched a plot to kidnap Bill Dedman and hustle him off to an undisclosed location to lead a team of interrogators of Muslim Extremists.
Top officials in the Obama administration are appalled.
HEAD FOR THE HILLS BILL.

GarysZ24 11-07-2010 04:25 PM

Re: Red light debate update.

That's brutal Ed...brutal...

Todd Boyer 11-07-2010 05:15 PM

Lol

Ed Wright 11-07-2010 06:43 PM

Funny! We love ya Bill!

Mark Yacavone 11-07-2010 09:06 PM

I've said it before . I can live with it either way.
I just put together a 12.0 Sportsman "chaser", so I could look at this debate with a self centered attitude, but I don't.
What I don't see is why some people are so adamant about keeping the status quo.
A simple software change,...both cars leave the starting beam...the worse red light shows on the tree.
What is this phobia about? Do any of you lower class racers think you are any less of a racer than someone with a AA/S er? Why would you want and cheer for this imbalance?

Just curious.

" That's the way it's always been " doesn't tell me anything.
We know that.

Ed Fernandez 11-07-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 220672)
I've said it before . I can live with it either way.
I just put together a 12.0 Sportsman "chaser", so I could look at this debate with a self centered attitude, but I don't.
What I don't see is why some people are so adamant about keeping the status quo.
A simple software change,...both cars leave the starting beam...the worse red light shows on the tree.
What is this phobia about? Do any of you lower class racers think you are any less of a racer than someone with a AA/S er? Why would you want and cheer for this imbalance?

Just curious.

" That's the way it's always been " doesn't tell me anything.
We know that.

Mark,you been drinking the Kool Aid?:>):>):>):>)

Mark Yacavone 11-07-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez (Post 220673)
Mark,you been drinking the Kool Aid?:>):>):>):>)

See, another " non answer" LOL

Clayton Wright 11-07-2010 11:35 PM

Should be worst red light . The same as the finish line farthest run out looses.
Lets level the playing field at both ends of the track.

bill dedman 11-08-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez (Post 220596)
The latest report out of Wash DC states that rogue forces in the Pentagon,led by followers of G W Bush and Dick Cheney and Black Water,have hatched a plot to kidnap Bill Dedman and hustle him off to an undisclosed location to lead a team of interrogators of Muslim Extremists.
Top officials in the Obama administration are appalled.
HEAD FOR THE HILLS BILL.

That's really funny Ed, and goes perfectly along with your typical M.O. to dazzle 'em with distractions, and baffle 'em with bull****; do whatever you can to keep attention away from the real question of how this lopsided rule ever survived THIRTY-SEVEN YEARS of screwing the second car to leave, without getting fixed.

I attribute that to people getting comfortable with it to the extent that they just never considered the effect that a change COULD have, if the second car to leave had a worse red light than the first, AND WAS, SOMEHOW held accountable for it!

I know I never gave it a second thought. I was too steeped in tradition.

By the way, this "worse red light" system is in no way, MY IDEA! I'm not that smart... by a long shot. That much should be obvious, by now....

As best I can tell, it came from a guy in Fremont, California who used to run a '51 Stude in NHRA Stock, until it was legislated out of competition.

He put a blower on it, and ran Brackets with it for many years. Robert Mikulic.

He explained this "worse red light" system to me one day, and I thought he was nuts.

It took me about a month of deliberating to finally understand that what he was suggesting made sense.

Some people seem to understand it, and some people don't. Took me awhile. Guess it takes all kinds....

Chad Rhodes 11-08-2010 10:41 AM

Bill, read very carefully what I am writing here.

1) i, and most others, believe what you are saying about it being fair, its right there if you do the math. SO give that argument up.

2) Things have been this way for a very long time. People have built their cars to these fundamental rules, whether bracket, class, or otherwise for decades, knowing the inherent advantages and disadvantages of faster or slower cars. And YES there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

3) stock and SS is not lagging behind the times here. If bracket racing and all other forms of handicapped racing were already doing the WORST redlight rule then i think you would have a lot more support. I would seriously suggest you speak to some track owners and division directors about trying this in their bracket program. If it becomes widely adopted, then you may have a case for S/SS going to it. Until then work on it somewhere else.

I personally feel like there are much bigger issues in stock/ss to be dealt with at this time (the DP/CJ cars, Payouts, and figuring out a way to get more younger racers involved, etc) than trying to be the mavericks of drag racing by changing one of the fundamentals of how we run a race.