CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is NHR Cursed or Something ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=26142)

Chris "drooze" Wertman 06-02-2010 10:04 AM

Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

Ok, if the admins feel this belongs in the lounge feel free to move it, I put it here because it and the events surrounding it are 100% tied to Class Racing for us.

People tell us and ask us about our luck ? They say wow youve had some bad luck , or no none of this can really happen ? I guess for me this is no different than normal life everyday , my mother says I live under a black cloud but I dont see it that way.

Since the DP Has arrived weve had some "issues" some self caused, some not.

But lets recap.
Blown motor on Dyno (Jan-Feb) Missed Pomona and Pheonix
Blown motor at Atlanta Div Feb-Mar
Trailer axle broke on way back from Atl, had repaired took 2 weeks +
Went back down to pick up car and trailer.
Blew truck up on way back from Virginia
Missed Houston and Vegas because we had to go back to Atlanta to resolve issues...timing delay and tried but missed vegas Tech by about 10 hrs.
Issues at Indy (v1) and then the Rainout,
DQ at Norwalk and Nostart, no qual
Indy (v2) had limiter issues.

And probably a few more.

At Indy, the first time Irv Johns said as we were leaving, he stopped us and said "Chris Ive given this a LOT of thought and I think I know what your problem is. You know they used to make a car called a Demon, and I think some of those leftover parts got used in your car, I think what you car needs is an Excorcism" And it got a good laugh and still does from Myself Mandie and Pop.

2 Days ago my dad said "DID YOU READ THIS ? QUICK COME HERE !" and he handed me a CarCraft comic.

I put it down and said later Im working on the generator.

Last night at about 9 closing up shop I read it, I had to triple check the date, its from the Dec 2009 Issue.....but wow......FREAKY.

I dont believe in curses, I do, DO believe in Karma. Maybe its payback for all the stupid stuff I put my parents through, but as I age I really try to do right by everyone.....then again maybe I am Cursed...?

:eek:

Read
Page 1
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/...c5bc9792c0.jpg

Then
Page 2
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/...4eb1f53933.jpg

Beyond the MegaManiac name, Mandie has named the car Jezzabelle because she likes to torture us :D

Alan Roehrich 06-02-2010 10:23 AM

Re: Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

You are suffering new car bugs and blues. You also screwed up and let a race car know you were in a hurry. And you kept doing it. Most luck is self generated and self inflicted.

Hard lessons I learned over the years, and learned again getting back into Stock.

D.W said it best, you often find out that if you slow down a little, you'll go faster, sometimes, a lot faster.

Chris "drooze" Wertman 06-02-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich (Post 190167)
. Most luck is self generated and self inflicted.

Dont disagree, and some ,were "gambles" we decided becuase of our time constraints to go against and play the odds, sometimes we knew it was a looser, that one of the reasons, we never and still havent a)felt sorry for ourselves or b)Said why oh why us....

But I thought that cartoon was HILARIOUS especially with what Irv said and the twang in his voice made it just priceless, I hope he see it....lol

Rich Biebel 06-02-2010 10:56 AM

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

"Haste makes waste"

"Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results"

Chris "drooze" Wertman 06-02-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Biebel (Post 190175)
"Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expect different results"

Correct and to that end we change up things randomly :D And what might appear erratically but has actually been thought through cost/benefit/risk analysis, so far were on the loosing side of those calculations but well be back soon.....right now my only focus is the Truck, everything else is in good shape to get some HP added to the Combo :eek: 2 and 3 steps now working properly, engine checked thoroughtly perfect, gonna try some suspension adj on the nose to improve the 60' as its been hammered down and I wanted to start there and loosen from there.......

Don Kennedy 06-02-2010 12:24 PM

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
So what happesn if both racers are prepared and have the same opportunity who Wins???

Dennis P Chapman 06-02-2010 01:08 PM

The lucky one Lol.

Don Kennedy 06-02-2010 01:13 PM

perfect answer . Luck is the most important aspect of racing . Luck can win over any pro sportsman racer who is a better driver cause of more seat time and more practice or any other aspect of winning against another racer > :p;):D

Dion Hildebrandt 06-02-2010 01:35 PM

You guys arent cursed and you arent the only ones going through this stuff. Its a 'teething process' of sorts, I went through it 3 years ago, and have been going throught it again this year. All the veterans call it taking you lumps, or earning your stripes, keep forging on sooner or later you'll se the forest for the trees.

W J 06-02-2010 02:18 PM

It's nothing new for sure, but to me, seat time is the most important aspect of a potentially successful formula if you are new to this game. More seat time usually does away w/the new (young OR old) racer's early driving mistakes. Seat time calms you down. Seat time gets you to KNOW your car. Seat time gives you EXPERIENCE, which breeds good luck, imo. Breakage and parts carnage?....well that's usually not luck, but something most all new race combo's go thru until the weaknesses in certain parts (or in the driver, ha) are found.... Exceptionally detailed racecar preparation also tends to create success in this sport, but a seasoned, calm driver w/ intelligent tree savvy still is the biggest factor in putting on your win light.....Just another 2.2 cents worth from a for-the-moment-retired (since '05) and racecar-less racer now intently watching from the peanut gallery.:D WJ