CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hope they do this in every division (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=21138)

Nitro Joe Jackson 10-17-2009 10:32 AM

Hope they do this in every division

ABOUT TIME !!!!!

From D4

First 3 pair being designated in Stock Eliminator and Super Stock for 1st round

We started a new procedure last weekend at the Dallas LODRS event of designating the first 3 pair of racers in Stock for 1st round. This procedure worked really well so we are going to expand it to include racers competing in Super Stock. To determine who the 3 pair are we randomly select 3 tech cards in each of the categories and notify those racers who are chosen plus their running mate. This process will help to speed up the time of the event and also eliminate a lot of down time while getting someone to run. If you have any questions see us at your next LODRS event.

Ed Wright 10-17-2009 10:42 AM

Re: Hope they do this in every division

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Joe Jackson (Post 146544)
ABOUT TIME !!!!!

From D4

First 3 pair being designated in Stock Eliminator and Super Stock for 1st round

We started a new procedure last weekend at the Dallas LODRS event of designating the first 3 pair of racers in Stock for 1st round. This procedure worked really well so we are going to expand it to include racers competing in Super Stock. To determine who the 3 pair are we randomly select 3 tech cards in each of the categories and notify those racers who are chosen plus their running mate. This process will help to speed up the time of the event and also eliminate a lot of down time while getting someone to run. If you have any questions see us at your next LODRS event.

Joe, they did that most of last year. Stops some guys from waiting until somebody else goes up. Some don't ever want to be first.

Nitro Joe Jackson 10-17-2009 10:45 AM

D1 & D3 is so bad and nobody knows how much daylight this is burning.
Myself, i give everyone 5 minutes to move then start at bottom of ladder and work up

Ed Wright 10-17-2009 10:49 AM

I would just as soon get it done. When we get paired, most of them say "let's not go up yet". Guess I'm too dumb to know why. I usually just tell them, to let me know when they are ready, or "I'll go when you do.".

Roger K Fain 10-17-2009 11:28 AM

One of the reasons no one wants to be first in S/S is because the starting line crew typically want to "drag" the track and add "angel dust" prior to the segment. If the sanctioning body wanted to be "racer friendly" they would allow the first three pair to "burn through" the "dust" to put down some rubber and condition the line to preclude "blowing the tires off". Additionally, some of the competitors participate in the other .90 classes that preceed S/S and just physically don't have the time to make the first round pairing. Of course, you also have the "shoe polish Doctors" who wait until the last instant to "go up" for the added advantage of observing performance changes of the other participants. I think it's a good idea.

Nitro Joe Jackson 10-17-2009 01:06 PM

Well Roger and anybody, always let me know at the Buckeye SS/Stock events and I'll let you do what ever up there on the line if your the first pair. We try to have them drag over it a few times after gold dust and sprayed to make sure its burned in good.

And dont you think i have a list of ones i would love to point to and say, guess what, your the first pair.
Still like the idea of putting up chains in back of lanes after 3rd call, "your to late"

Schenck 10-17-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger K Fain (Post 146560)
One of the reasons no one wants to be first in S/S is because the starting line crew typically want to "drag" the track and add "angel dust" prior to the segment. If the sanctioning body wanted to be "racer friendly" they would allow the first three pair to "burn through" the "dust" to put down some rubber and condition the line to preclude "blowing the tires off"..

Amen to that statement. I been saying that for years.

Greg

Bob Gullett 10-17-2009 05:31 PM

They've been doing this in Div. 6 for 2 years. Twice I've been the 1st one down the track and the traction was perfect. The race was not determined by a car spinning.

Bob Mulry 10-18-2009 02:06 PM

Great Idea.

NHRA has done this in the past but not on an ongoing basis.

Just typical NHRA........NO CONSISTENCY

How about we take it one more step, when the first pair of cars go down the track, the back of the lanes are closed

Bob

SS Engine Guy 10-18-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mulry (Post 146699)
How about we take it one more step, when the first pair of cars go down the track, the back of the lanes are closed

Great idea! I agree 110%. Unless head of staging has been notified that a car is being worked on trying to make the call, once the first pair of that class goes down the track the lanes for that class should be closed. No exceptions.