CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Driver changes (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=19136)

buzzinhalfdozen 07-20-2009 12:43 PM

Driver changes

I've never heard of this before but after 2 cars are qualified by 2 different drivers,how can there be a driver change? I'm just curious, didn't think this was allowed. Joe

Chris1529 07-20-2009 02:56 PM

Re: Driver changes

are you referring to grand bend?

buzzinhalfdozen 07-21-2009 06:22 AM

Yes, after reading the rule book on this subject I don't see how this happened.Joe

Brandon Peterson 07-21-2009 08:48 AM

if there was still a qaulifying pass who ever makes the last pass has to drive the car.....but i havent looked at what yall are talking about yet.....i just know you can qaulify a car but if someone makes the last qual. pass in your car they have to drive it then...

Roger K Fain 07-21-2009 09:14 AM

I believe the driver registration and documentation would have to correctly reflect the driver and payee of the car and class/division. I had a friend at Rockingham last year who was "a little under the weather" and could not make the first round pass, who allowed another driver to make the pass for him, who got "chewed" summarily by the officials and the pass disallowed.
There is more to this story than is being told.

buzzinhalfdozen 07-21-2009 10:04 AM

The IHRA rule book states that once a competitor has entered a class that he may not change classes, and that no entry may be withdrawn. both of these things happened , as I stated I've never heard of 2 already enter drivers changing cars before, just doesn't seem to follow the intent of the rules. I've spoken to at least 1 other driver who was told that he could not do this at an IHRA race. My question is which is it ? you can't have it both ways, it seems IHRA has lost alot of credability with it's racers over this " interpetation" of the rules. Joe

donald j raiser 07-21-2009 10:17 AM

in 2002 my friend was under the weather, i made a qualifing pass after mike baker ok'd it. if you sub a driver, it must be done with a qualifer still to be run. remember the race director has final say. any questions sould go directly to him.

$.02
dj raiser

Lapeeracing 07-21-2009 10:51 AM

So, let's see - there are two cars entered - different drivers- driver 1 wounds engine ,can't run car. Driver two gives car to driver 1 and he (# 1) then makes a qualifying run in driver 2's car. Now the question is- what happens to driver 2, who is already on the qualifying sheet ? Does he withdraw his entry,or should there have been a competition bye ?

buzzinhalfdozen 07-21-2009 11:16 AM

So if the race director says it's OK for me to use nitrous for a heads up run that's all good? That's an exageration, Nitrous wouldn't help my junk, but you see my point. My question was where did the 34th car go? Joe

Lyn Smith 07-21-2009 11:58 AM

Dont try switching drivers at a NHRA race.Im pretty sure it is not legal .