CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Support Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Slick mounts (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=66299)

robemlikian 05-18-2017 06:57 PM

Slick mounts

Pit Pal or GoldRush any input appreciated.. These are the only ones I could find??

Hacksaw 05-19-2017 08:53 AM

Re: Slick mounts

Gold Rush slick mounts are designed to fit inside a channel that matches their trailers and are aluminum, very nice. If your mounting to a trailer wall that has wood panels you must remove a section and insert some type of reinforcing cross plate between the ribs or your asking for trouble later. I think some trailer companies offer these as well.

robemlikian 05-19-2017 09:21 AM

Thank you .. Actually liked GR better,but because I don't have their trailer and I couldn't find any mounting instructions , I wasn't sure.. My trailer was built by company called Classic, (not even sure they are still in business) Thought maybe I would give GR a call ,btw inside is finished,not wood

340Cuda 05-19-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robemlikian (Post 534982)
Thank you .. Actually liked GR better,but because I don't have their trailer and I couldn't find any mounting instructions , I wasn't sure.. My trailer was built by company called Classic, (not even sure they are still in business) Thought maybe I would give GR a call ,btw inside is finished,not wood

Long story but Classic's are not sold anymore. However if yours is like mine you should be able to open any bay up easily by removing the screws that hold the wall panels in.

Keep is posted on your progress, I would like some slick holders also.

Thanks,
Bill

robemlikian 05-19-2017 10:55 AM

Thanks Bill,I tried calling GR... But couldn't get anybody with a pulse,kept getting directed into everyone's V/M.. Although, one V/M Happened to be a fellow named Marty Rhinehart who ( if it's the same Person) race's here in DIV.1 - I thought I would try and talk with him at Natl. open here this weekend.I will keep you posted Thanks again

SG3001 05-20-2017 04:19 PM

I have a brand new unused pair of Gold Rush trailer slick mounts including the carpet circles that were removed from my trailer when it was new. If you're interested, send me a pm.
Mike

shane_b6 09-30-2018 07:45 AM

are these still available

Greg Barsamian 09-30-2018 07:19 PM

Pit Pal has them!

FED 387 09-30-2018 09:53 PM

if you are at all handy for about 1 1/2 -2 hours time and maybe $30-50 you can make and install your own--- really not that difficult to do---FED 387