CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Race Parts: Classifieds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WTB Input Shaft for Jerico DR4 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68927)

Don Fardie 02-06-2018 09:59 PM

WTB Input Shaft for Jerico DR4

Looking to buy a Course spline (18 Mopar) Input Shaft for a DR4 Small Bearing Jerico
Thanks in advance!....Don

Dwight Southerland 02-07-2018 10:26 AM

Re: WTB Input Shaft for Jerico DR4

Length?

Don Fardie 02-07-2018 12:17 PM

Wasn't aware there were different lengths? I know there is a shorter version of the Jerico, but not the inputs. If that is the case it would be the input for the standard length Jerico.

BILL TAYLOR 02-13-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fardie (Post 555354)
Looking to buy a Course spline (18 Mopar) Input Shaft for a DR4 Small Bearing Jerico
Thanks in advance!....Don

Don, Are you looking for a Chrysler input or Chevy input w/18 splines?Bill Taylor.

james schaechter 02-14-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fardie (Post 555394)
Wasn't aware there were different lengths? I know there is a shorter version of the Jerico, but not the inputs. If that is the case it would be the input for the standard length Jerico.

Jerico inputs typically come in a length for a stand depth bell or a deeper bell that is one inch longer. May be they have custome lenths but I have not seen that.

The thing to watch is the type and version of the input. The early narrow gear DR4 is different than the small bearing wide gear DR4 vs the Big bearing wide gear DR4 vs the
DR4-4. Not to mention other versions that are not DR. Models. Of course, the pilot tip can be different as well.

The length of the trans won’t matter unless you are talking output shafts.

You might check to see what the case number is on your trans and call Scott at Jerico. They are not too expensive compared to used and you will get a new one. If you have an older model and can’t get one new, you need to do some research to be sure it is compatible. Hope this helps. Jim

Don Fardie 02-14-2018 03:09 PM

Actually all set guys. I bought a back up Jerico and it is the early Narrow Gear and it came with a fine 26 spline. I switched over to the 18 Mopar set up when I went to the dual clutch. Dean Cook had one but had lent it out to someone and it was never returned. Well in looking on E-Bay the one I saw looked real close to one I had that I was using as an alignment tool. Bottom Line ...guess who had Deans Input shatft!!!!. My memory is good....it just a tad short LOL!!!
Thanks for all your help and input :).......Don