CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can NHRA survive without John Force ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76637)

MR DERBY CITY 07-03-2020 11:36 PM

Can NHRA survive without John Force ?

Word on the street is that John Force racing has laid off all employees and has pulled the plug on the 2020 season....If this is true it could really affect NHRA s attempt to restart the season ....

JWhalen58 07-04-2020 08:09 AM

Re: Can NHRA survive without John Force ?

Short answer is no. I have said for years that when the big 3 are out of fuel racing that would be the end of the class as we know it, and for all intents and purposes NHRA. The suits in Ca cannot see past the pro show at their events, that is until they start counting the money on a Monday and realize they are way short, and it will be because of no sportsman entry's. I don't watch any televised shows, dumped my sat tv several years ago. But if I do see something on or pick up a Natl Dragster there seems to always be an article on some member of the Force camp and rightly so they are the most well known. When Bill Bader backed out early on this year I made a comment that something is going on because the Bader's are the best promoters and are wired in. Only the opinion of a lowly sportsman racer.

DRAKE VISCOME 07-04-2020 08:57 AM

:):):): I did have some direct telephone conversation with a old pal @ John Force's shop yesterday...he clearly stated that NO formal announcement had been made or as far as he "knew" was pending...about pulling the plug (of course it is 2020...for sure ANYTHING seems possible !)...yikes...maybe before we all get too far along with SPECULATION...rest ez my brothers/sisters !!! lol...it'll ALL work out...just the way it's supposed to...ALWAYS does...imagine that :):):)

Maverick 07-04-2020 09:48 AM

None of the Force cars show they are entered for the next two pro races at Indy, as well as Steve Torrence cars, and Salinas entries. I think NHRA will survive, I don't know if Force will, a lot of overhead cost

Marc White 07-04-2020 11:10 AM

From what I’ve heard Salinas plans on running two races this year. Pretty strong rumor that the Capco boys will sit it out as well. Not looking good at all.

jmcarter 07-04-2020 11:37 AM

The Capco bunch is tied to the oil business and we know how that’s going. All the PRO sponsors must be under a lot of pressure to trim budgets wherever possible and obviously they’re not getting much exposure right now, or guarantees they will for the rest of the year. However tough Bill Bader’s decision was it may prove a harbinger for other businesses associated with the sport.

kansas stocker 07-04-2020 02:57 PM

Looks like NHRA is doing their best to fill the fields for Fox. Couple of old drivers coming back for a 2 race series and several others that I've never heard of, but that doesn't mean much since I don't follow TF. I notice that a couple of chassis, or is that chassii, are 21 years old. Back to the original question, I think the answer is no in its present form. Take Don S out as well and TF and FC are dead. Way too much money invested for the return. If they are going to keep the pro part alive lots of changes will have to be made. Stock and SS will remain alive if they want it to. Couple of tech men and it can be run at tracks all across the country.
Just my $.02/
Pete

House of Darts 07-04-2020 03:53 PM

This might be what's necessary to reset all of drag racing.

PozQB14 07-04-2020 03:57 PM

All rumors so far but if Force and the Torrence family did sit out, it opens the door for new sponsorship opportunities to come about. How many companies chose not to sponsor a team knowing the Force and Torrence families gets the majority of the air time and it would be a struggle to get any TV time from Fox.

James Perrone 07-04-2020 04:22 PM

NHRA has made the biggest mistake any business can make
Depending on a few BIG customers and neglect all the small ones
Folks we have seen the train wreck before .........IHRA
How did that work out..... asking for a friend