CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor from Glendora... (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71028)

MR DERBY CITY 09-18-2018 06:34 PM

Rumor from Glendora...

Anyone else hear the latest RUMOR that Glendora is seriously considering abolishing heads up runs next year. I heard that Danny Gracia was always against this but with Danny leaving it’s on the table again and gaining steam ...Thoughts ??

Billy Nees 09-18-2018 06:50 PM

Re: Rumor from Glendora...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 573139)
Anyone else hear the latest RUMOR that Glendora is seriously considering abolishing heads up runs next year. I heard that Danny Gracia was always against this but with Danny leaving it’s on the table again and gaining steam ...Thoughts ??

That would pretty much be the end of Stock Eliminator and the beginning of Stock Appearing Eliminator AKA ET-2.

Todd Hoven 09-18-2018 06:50 PM

Wow, if that's the case it will be a good time to leave the sport.

Quote:

BRETV 09-18-2018 06:55 PM

Just when I think NHRA is getting it, with the Factory Showdown which is heads up and the interest it is creating, I hear this. Very disturbing that they're even considering it. Hope it NEVER happens!!

Bret Velde
2003 SS/??

vic guilmino 09-18-2018 06:57 PM

right on Todd

MR DERBY CITY 09-18-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 573141)
That would pretty much be the end of Stock Eliminator and the beginning of Stock Appearing Eliminator AKA ET-2.

Actually, ...Bracket 2 - non delay...

vic guilmino 09-18-2018 07:00 PM

put the mustang on the street

Denny Steward 09-18-2018 07:00 PM

I sure hope it's just a rumor NHRA has been slowing killing stock and super stock. We all need to let them know we need to keep heads up runs. They are supposed to be a performance based class. We all work hard to gain a performance advantage just for the reason of heads up runs.Think about this I proposed to my Division rep to help the AHFS work faster and more efficient to give points for qualifying maybe the top 16 get points 16 points for 1, 15 for 2 and so on. He took this to the board and their answer was no, it might have an effect on the national points at the end of the year. My personal feeling is it should have an effect on the championship!!! If you don't want heads up or a performance based class don't run stock or super stock. Stay home and bracket race.

X-TECH MAN 09-18-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 573141)

I would not put it passed NHRA to do this in the future ! Less tech inspection for them. Other than INDY there is not much tech going on this year other than safety such as seat belts, helmets, SFI stuff, etc. . Maybe they got the idea from the NMCA and their N/MC classes that runs from 9.50 to 15.00 in 1/4 second breaks ?????? NMCA is part of NHRA these days !

Yo Ken 09-18-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

I dont know where you got this info... but its absolutely FAKE NEWS! and this is not the place to spread this crap.

I'm closing this thread, do not start another one like this or you will be removed.

Ken