CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Burnouts in the Indy Pits (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77354)

Bryan Worner 09-16-2020 05:55 PM

Burnouts in the Indy Pits

So why are there three separate racers with action taken against them by NHRA for doing a burnout in the pits, but only one (McCue) disqualified and fined, while the other two (Lane and Tasca) were only fined??????

Mepprecht 09-16-2020 06:28 PM

Re: Burnouts in the Indy Pits

All star and funny car driver they need them lol

MR DERBY CITY 09-16-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Worner (Post 623618)
So why are there three separate racers with action taken against them by NHRA for doing a burnout in the pits, but only one (McCue) disqualified and fined, while the other two (Lane and Tasca) were only fined??????

Well, since no one is talking, ...I guess we will never know.....The rest of the story....

Chuck Stubeck 09-16-2020 06:41 PM

Bryan, I asked the same ? about a week ago in"The Lounge". No replies. I was hoping someone at Indy would have some insight. I don't believe it's 3 separate incidents. Sounds like it could be some type of team punishment..

GTS340 09-16-2020 09:30 PM

They must have had the lights on in the "Electric car". Dead give a way. Never mind that cloud of tire smoke.

Ralph A Powell 09-17-2020 09:00 AM

Cause it’s NHRA what else could it be?

Gary Parker 09-17-2020 03:58 PM

The first time trial didnt work out to good doing a burnout. The team went on the road going into the track. Fixed what was wrong and did a good burn out. No one was around except I was in a golf cart watching. Didnt seem like a big deal. They were just fixing the car

Jackie McCracken 09-17-2020 05:39 PM

some rules only apply to some people some of the time... and that is a fact. ;-)

GUMP 09-17-2020 05:45 PM

That sounds good until there is an accident. Then you guys would be calling out the NHRA for allowing stuff like that......

Frank Castros 09-17-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Parker (Post 623687)
The first time trial didnt work out to good doing a burnout. The team went on the road going into the track. Fixed what was wrong and did a good burn out. No one was around except I was in a golf cart watching. Didnt seem like a big deal. They were just fixing the car

Gary,
How did it sound, if any?