CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Under the index for under a grand! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=44903)

Bob Bender 12-23-2012 07:46 AM

Re: Under the index for under a grand!

Im in also.............

Rick Unterseh 12-25-2012 12:46 PM

I'm in, whatcha need?

Don Himes 12-26-2012 12:24 AM

Rick, if you or Smedley can find us a couple of Turbo 301 blocks, that would be great.

FED 387 12-26-2012 12:58 AM

try craigslist ad phone #321-960-3773--- $90 OR
ebay brand new block # 120998762981

Bob Don 12-26-2012 09:38 AM

I hope this helps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-PONTIAC...e36254&vxp=mtr

Let me know what I can do to contribute.

Rick Unterseh 12-26-2012 10:30 AM

every other block I find will become yours, I need them too :)

Tony Curcio 12-26-2012 06:50 PM

I have some used items that are just collecting dust, and might be useful:

-5 gallon fuel cell
-Hurst Quarter-Master shifter- 3 speed- I think it has a forward pattern
-15 X 4 front wheels with 4 3/4" bolt pattern- there are tires on them, but they are old and dry. They look like Weld Draglites, with the small holes around the circumference.
-4:88 ring & pinion for 12-bolt Chev, if you go with a12-bolt- 100+ runs
-9 X 30 Hoosier radial slicks with a full season's runs
-One 200M transmission core for BOP.
-I may have 3 or more Schubeck lifters left from a Pontiac 400 that exploded- need to be closely inspected.

Would also consider lending a full set of wheels and tires for a month or so.

All are free if used for the cause. I travel to central PA at least once every month, so delivery is an option.

Tony- 610-431-7740

Billy Nees 12-26-2012 07:14 PM

Bob, Bob, Rick and Tony, I appreciate the offers but I am going to try and stick to my plan of "diming" it together myself to see if it can be done.
I spent the day in the shop taking apart the rear and pulling out the power brakes to change it over. As there aren't very many manual brake S-10s laying around anymore, I'm making up a few pieces to convert the GP. Hopefully tomorrow I'll take some pics of what's needed to SAFELY do the job.
I scored a good used 4.56 gearset and a 2 series posi unit with spacer for $100 bucks so that should pretty well get this thing rolling. Now I know that it's not the optimal thing to use but the price is right and it's only going to (hopefully) be a high 14 second car that doesn't weigh a whole lot so maybe it'll live a while.
I got a pair of 15X 8 wagon wheels and a pair of 15x 4 sparetire wheels out of the wheel pile at a local salvage yard(they don't like to be called junk yards anymore). I have an old set of 8.5x 26 M/T slicks that I won't use again and dragged home a pair of 26" tall M/T fronts from along side of the M/T trailer a couple of years ago so, after buying a can of black paint, I'm set with wheels and tires for $35.
As it's snowing like crazy outside, I'm hoping to get a fair amount done in the next couple of days.

Billy Nees 12-29-2012 06:40 PM

Well, I'm trying to post some pics but the program that the pics are on doesn't like the Class Racer program. I'll try and sort this out and get back to posting.

Mark Yacavone 12-29-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 363064)
Well, I'm trying to post some pics but the program that the pics are on doesn't like the Class Racer program. I'll try and sort this out and get back to posting.

Billy, Just open a Photobucket account...It's free ...Thought you'd like that.

It's not that hard, if I can do it...I'm lucky if I can even make a K-cup of coffee