CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jerry Stein (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71701)

Frank Castros 12-09-2018 05:47 PM

Jerry Stein

Please call the D1 office and request that the well deserving living legend Jerry Stein be inducted in the D1 Hall of Fame at the NED banquet at Hershey Lodge.

Pete Lanciers 12-09-2018 07:20 PM

Re: Jerry Stein

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Castros (Post 578293)
Please call the D1 office and request that the well deserving living legend Jerry Stein be inducted in the D1 Hall of Fame at the NED banquet at Hershey Lodge.

Frank,

I grew up watching Jerry At Englishtown & Maple Grove from the time I was a 16 year old boy, till the NAVY transplanted me to California in 79... There was no bigger "Teachers Pet" fan, I'm pretty shocked that NED has yet to honor Jerry, kinda inconceivable to me... I'll be making the call, maybe hearing from a DIV 7 guy will shock them into reality!

Pete

John Bender 12-11-2018 03:19 PM

Frank, my name is John Bender and I race a .1967 Plymouth GTX, E/SA,F/SA in division one. I have known Jerry since 1964. I also believe he should be in Division One's hall of fame. I called the division one office and Dave said the 2018 list has been completed, but if someone has a list of all of Jerry's accomplishments, send said list to the division one office for next year. Good luck with all of that for. Jerry.

426gtm 12-15-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Castros (Post 578293)

Frank, didn't realize Jerry wasn't in the hall. Big over site by NHRA and us Division 1 racers. Five National event wins, one runner up! Numerous National records, points race wins. Common guys.

As Jerry would probably say, I batted .833 in National event finals, ain't too shabby.

Gary Siderits

Frank Castros 12-15-2018 11:37 PM

Jerry was was the NED champ several times and ask the guys who raced him at Island Dragway on Saturday night and again Sunday at Englishtown.
The disrespect is puzzling.

Lee Valentine 12-16-2018 09:17 AM

Not brainer, Dave Lebrun is in Jerry should be in.

ss125h 12-16-2018 11:40 AM

I also do not know why Jerry is not in, I have stayed in touch, & we break bread every so often. Will contact the div. office, hope many racers will do the same. Thanks, & hope all have a great holiday season. Glen H

Frank Castros 12-16-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Valentine (Post 578561)
Not brainer, Dave Lebrun is in Jerry should be in.

With the greatest respect for Dave, as I raced with him as a NED A/SA competitor back in the day along with Jerry, my good friend Wes Jr. and several others, Dave would agree that Jerry belongs among the honored.