CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=54414)

FED 387 08-14-2014 12:47 PM

Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

Just thought I would pass along a bit of info--- I just switched my cell phone to Verizon service. I am receiving a 19 % discount on the portion that is the data package NOT the whole bill, and a 25% discount on any accessories for the phones from Verizon. You will need to bring in your DD214 and your VA Photo ID card to complete the discount registration.Once you are in the "system" you will not have to update the info at all. Dick Ullrich FED 387

Jim Wahl 08-14-2014 01:32 PM

Re: Disabled Veterans Discount info from Verizon

This is a great idea! Kudos to Verizon! Jim

FED 387 08-14-2014 01:52 PM

Again ASK every retailer you shop at if they give a Disabled VA discount--it probably will not be posted unless you are near a military base but ASK--- all they can do is say NO--You will be surprised at how many companies give one may be as small as 5% but many are in the 10-20% range ---anyway its all $$$$$---FED 387

Eddies66 08-15-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 441554)
Again ASK every retailer you shop at if they give a Disabled VA discount--it probably will not be posted unless you are near a military base but ASK--- all they can do is say NO--You will be surprised at how many companies give one may be as small as 5% but many are in the 10-20% range ---anyway its all $$$$$---FED 387

It is a shame we have to wh*re ourselves, businesses should be proud to give a little back to those that gave so much.

FED 387 08-15-2014 11:21 AM

Ed--We have a large company like a Lowes or Home Depot here in the Midwest with 200 plus stores called Menard's. You might know John Menards son Paul Menard a Nascar racer runs out of Richard Childress Racing. John Menard is also the RICHEST person in the State of Wisconsin worth about 8 BILLION dollars.(google it) John Menard was once asked if they give any type of discount to Military personnel wether retired or active also Disabled his reply is it is not my responsibility to give any sort of discount to them that is the governments responsibility. Wonderful attitude dont ya think. John is regarded as a p-rick by many people and not liked by lots of people because of this attitude me included. I will not shop at a Menards and drive right past one 1 mile from my home to go to the Home Depot 3 miles away. I will not give him ONE DIME!!!!! Fed 387

Eddies66 08-15-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 441622)
Ed--We have a large company like a Lowes or Home Depot here in the Midwest with 200 plus stores called Menard's. You might know John Menards son Paul Menard a Nascar racer runs out of Richard Childress Racing. John Menard is also the RICHEST person in the State of Wisconsin worth about 8 BILLION dollars.(google it) John Menard was once asked if they give any type of discount to Military personnel wether retired or active also Disabled his reply is it is not my responsibility to give any sort of discount to them that is the governments responsibility. Wonderful attitude dont ya think. John is regarded as a p-rick by many people and not liked by lots of people because of this attitude me included. I will not shop at a Menards and drive right past one 1 mile from my home to go to the Home Depot 3 miles away. I will not give him ONE DIME!!!!! Fed 387

Yes, not one dime.

Eddies66 08-16-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 441544)
Just thought I would pass along a bit of info--- I just switched my cell phone to Verizon service. I am receiving a 19 % discount on the portion that is the data package NOT the whole bill, and a 25% discount on any accessories for the phones from Verizon. You will need to bring in your DD214 and your VA Photo ID card to complete the discount registration.Once you are in the "system" you will not have to update the info at all. Dick Ullrich FED 387

Got 15% off on phone, on my way to the Verizon store with DD215, Retired ID and VA Card for the rest of the discount.