CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hemi Challenge at Indy (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68822)

herbjr 01-28-2018 09:55 AM

Hemi Challenge at Indy

I hope I'm wrong but from a good source the Hemi Challenge is done at Indy. Again I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it, With Dave Aldo retiring last year I figured some changes were coming.

richie 2 01-28-2018 10:21 AM

Re: Hemi Challenge at Indy

im gonna be sick...

Larry Hill 01-28-2018 10:28 AM

Dale Aldo was the sportsman racers friend, he did a lot for all of us no mater what brand racers raced. I hope there is a Hemi Challenge and an outstanding Factory Showdown show at Indy.

Chuck Comella 01-28-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbjr (Post 554606)
I hope I'm wrong but from a good source the Hemi Challenge is done at Indy. Again I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it, With Dave Aldo retiring last year I figured some changes were coming.

Herb this rumor has been going around for a couple weeks now. Has anybody actually seen official notice from either Chrysler or NHRA? If so how about printing a copy of it . Good source !!

Gary Merrick 01-28-2018 11:30 AM

I sure hope this rumor turns out to be "FALSE". I am a Chevy guy, but I sure enjoy watching the HEMIs go at it during the US Nationals. Back in the early 70's, I helped a guy build a B/G Dodge Dart (pretty much a Pro Stock car of that era). That Hemi was 16 spark plugs, aluminum heads, dual distributors, crank trigger, Chrysler electronic ignition, a really cool engine and car. I learned a lot from Francis Crider and Dave Koffel about HEMIs back then. I got pretty good at removing and replacing Hemi heads, cause this car had a trick shifted Hemi 4 speed, unfortunately, the driver missed a lot of gears and bent the exhaust valves on a weekly basis. After one of those head removals and reinstalls, I told the driver, "we should look into putting dzus fasteners on these heads", he did not see the humor in my remarks. LOL

Gary Merrick
3522 Stock

SSDA Hemi 01-28-2018 03:10 PM

There will still be SS/AH class regardless if there is a $15k purse and big trophy or not. Mopar and NHRA can do whatever they want, but the fans and racers will make SS/AH class at Indy a big deal with or without there help

Getting back to work as I'm already behind trying to make Indy in SS/AH, shootout or not....

jmcarter 01-28-2018 03:19 PM

Herb, this will be huge hit if they don't run the Challenge again, all those Hemi cars parading down the return road is a thrill in itself.

Hope they invite your Dad back to help announce it too...first saw him running match races in Clarksville TN, bought a few parts from him too before he sold his stuff to Hensley.

Spyphish 01-28-2018 08:09 PM

SHOOT!!!! They must have got wind of my new motor. Me3

Bucky Hess 01-28-2018 09:48 PM

For what its worth ,its still listed under event stock and super stock classes and special events for 2018

SSDA Hemi 01-29-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 554641)
Herb, this will be huge hit if they don't run the Challenge again, all those Hemi cars parading down the return road is a thrill in itself.

Jim, there was no Hemi parade last year..... was on my bucket list and was hoping they would bring it back this year as its 50 year anniversary for these (1968) cars.

The "parking in the circle" ended 2 years ago, a major concern would be they park the SS/AH scattered randomly through out the pits and not together