CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Flame away at this idea (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68401)

Greg Gay 12-04-2017 09:59 PM

Flame away at this idea

The original idea behind dial ins was so that two different performance level cars could race wide open. It didn’t take long for someone to figure out that all they had to do was beat the other car by the minimum margin, and they could win a lot of races. That is why I am proposing that NHRA run Stock and Super Stock 4 wide at the spring Charlotte race. With 4 cars, who do you sandbag? The second fastest car may be breaking out, too. The car that you are trying to “drive the stripe” against could be 3 lanes away from you. The race becomes more of a best package wins; dial your car close but honest, cut a light, and don’t let off.

This could be an exhibition, non-points race (so it doesn’t affect the national championship), but with full national event payout. 64 cars in each class only take 3 rounds to complete. Friday could be 2 time trials, Saturday would be 4 wide Class eliminations, and Sunday would be a round of 64 cars, a round of 16 cars, and a final with 4 cars. Imagine 4 Super Stock cars, all leaving the line at different times, wheels in the air, and converging on the finish line at virtually the same time. Seems like a good show to me.

Bob Don 12-05-2017 12:12 AM

Re: Flame away at this idea

Could be fun. What do you do if two of the four cars are in the same class?

mikeloge 12-05-2017 12:25 AM

I like it great idea something different

GUMP 12-05-2017 08:27 AM

If you watched the gassers run at Charlotte this year you would know why this will be a mess. Watching those guys stage was hilarious. It would take hours to run Stock and SS.

Brett C 12-05-2017 09:17 AM

I like it! I'm in.

jmcarter 12-05-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Don (Post 551060)
Could be fun. What do you do if two of the four cars are in the same class?

Think it would be interesting and worthwhile. If cars in the same class are in the foursome it would have to be a dial in race for all of the four. Would be fantastic if you could run all four lanes of cars in the same class (no AHFS of course). I'd drive any distance to see A and B cars run like that, kind of a Top Stock on steroids.

MEXJOE 12-05-2017 11:05 AM

How about we one up it!!
Remover ALL reaction times from all time slips / runs.
And do a dial in with a digital device / phone so no one knows what the other guys are dialing!!

Mark Yacavone 12-05-2017 12:07 PM

Are we promoting a breakout race with four at a time?
Will the current computer configuration allow it?

Dave Crysler 12-05-2017 02:05 PM

dartman 12-05-2017 04:41 PM

it would be good for class elimination if you had alot of cars.4 at a time heads up would be fun racing.looking both ways trying to take the stripe in elimination with a wall between you could be a challenge.